Thursday, December 23, 2010

I emailed you a marriage proposal!


Technology has led to some weird things for sure, the 'stalking' on social network sites, 'friendship me' texts and even 'getting to know you' messenger talks, spam advertisement offering you a trip around the world in one dollar but the weirdest of all -*drum rolls please* - emailing a marriage proposal!

And guess what today was just my 'lucky' day. I got one.



I am not kidding this was no spam or joke. This was actually very planned out and 'thought through' process. The email opened up with interesting salutations and a nice respectful introduction was laid out. Turns out this guy was trying to find a bandi who fits his bill for the 'intellectual' kind. Score one for the decent guy.

The email was quickly personalized by 'how i know you' paragraph where he said my web presence(since I blog on Express tribune, 8fourteen and etc) proved me 'intellectual' enough. It went on to list down how 'accomplish' this dude was. How 'educated' and even how 'polished' since he traveled the effin world so it turns out. Score five for the decent guy.

This is where it gets actually interesting, he even attached a 'resume' of his. Yeah and actual resume! I was quick to be lured into promises of abroad education, decent wealth and travel around the globe - Nice try dude! But that is where you started derailing from the track.

Best of all, later however I found out he emailed the very same thing to two three more girls. The same email with different 'how I know you' paragraph. Score zero for the weird guy!

Don't you know buddy, this is the new world! if you are depending on the 'technology' for searching your intellectual wife - let me tell you
1. Now they do have social network site - news travels faster the fire. So better think before you hit the 'send' button.
2. No way in hell is it 'intellectual' to email two, three girls the same thing. - its a major turn off.


Other then that -best of luck with your charade.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my God!!! Hahaha. The guy looks very ambitious! I am impressed. AND I recommend him to meet you only once and I bet only then he will regret his idea of am online life partner search.

    P.s: should I consider this post as a reply to my post about girls ? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny...are you implying I am gonna scare the hell out of him? =D - well I guess I will.

    Lolz no - I will write a good rebuttal soon for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the guy actually made you write about him .. that's and achievement itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL :D

    DAMN @ Resume :D Differentiated product :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danish Bhai - he didnt make me do nething but yeh he became my 'muse' =P... Lolz! You know what I am upset with everyone. I just figured out so many of you read this blog plus your wife too! Press the 'follow' button!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umaima m trying my best to control my urges to post the whole thing here =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is creppy!!
    u really shuld send him a link to this;)

    ReplyDelete