Saturday, December 18, 2010

Battle of Natural Beauty versus Make up!




Since I watched the Dove 'real beauty' campaign ad a long time ago I wanted to 'pen-vent'. So this is what I am going to do. Natural Beauty/Real Beauty/'Original Beauty' are for long been few phrases which have been assassinated, reborn, murdered and ruthlessly dragged around the mud figuratively in English language.

What is real beauty? Its a term usually just limited to description of woman. Cause I am pretty sure no guy would want to come in the same sentence as that which carries the word 'beauty' in it.


Men usually or mostly claim they 'like' natural beauty. I would really ask them they like the natural beauty in their perspective or they think the 'clear bright' face they see depicts natural beauty? Most of my guy friends fall for a girl with lush hair, clear skin or even just somebody with a nice warm smile. Hardly that they know that lush hair is due to expensive hair treatments, exorbitant amount of branded hair products and long appointments of hair therapy which again costs a lot of bucks or in desi sense 'full on tail ki champi". The skin is due to lot of treatments again at the local salon and the line of cosmetics at the dressing table. Needless to say the 'twinkle' you saw in her eyes you thought was because of the smile is probably the new eyeliner she bought or kohl and the heavy coats of mascara she is wearing.

Mostly people confuse the absence of 'dark shades of eyeshadow, nail enamel, blush, lip color' (key makeup which stands out) as natural beauty. Believe me she is still wearing a lot of makeup you categorize as 'natural beauty'.

History for long has favored people with symmetrical faces and still does. Symmetry resembles 'order' and 'discipline'. Therefore symmetrical faces are the ones which 'naturally' look good. I guess everybody here knows the concept of golden ratio thanks to Dan Brown. Natural Beauty is what I believe lies in the eyes. If your smile comes from a warm heart it would stand out as a 'graceful' beauty even though you are wearing a blue eyemakeup. Its the heart that decides what beauty you are to be.




What I don't get is what is the whole fuss of 'she dresses up like a doll', 'she wears so much paint' or 'OMG - look at her so much makeup!'. Usually these statements are quickly paired up with "I like girls without makeup', 'I prefer natural beauty' or even 'She looks older'. Did you for a second stop to consider honey, maybe she is NOT doing it for you! =D Why bother flattering yourself then?

If this is how it goes then maybe I am the child of the wildside. I don't wear crazy amount of makeup but I am sucker for crazy nail colors. The crazier the better. When I put them on I don't think if 'its okay to do it'... I do it because I like it.

So natural beauty or not, If she does makeup - Its none of your damn business.


2 comments:

  1. Exactly ... You are rite that when it comes to liking boys go 4 such a hawt shawt bandii n all and then they complain that y girls apply so much makeup !

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOT SHOT ko le ke confusion hai =D

    ReplyDelete